A Book a Day… 1’000 Books Before Kindergarten
An Early Literacy Program for Birth – Pre-K
Here’s how the program works:
- Commit to reading 1,000 books to your child before they enter kindergarten to build necessary pre-reading skills in your child and foster a love of reading.
- Register at the library or click here. Receive/pick up your start-up package.
- Color or mark an apple for each book you read. You may read as many books a day as you wish and count them all. if you read the same book again, count it again.
- Bring each completed sheet of a hundred books to the library and your child will place an apple sticker on that tree poster.
- Your goal is to finish before your child enters kindergarten.
- When you finish, your child will receive a ribbon and a free book.
If you read one book at bedtime each night, you will read
1, 095 books in just 3 years!
We have read 1’000 Before Kindergarten!!!
|Madalynn H.||Aurea K.|
|Ileana K.||Liam S.|
|Carson S.||Wyatt F.|